Tuesday, July 26, 2016

LIVING WORD FOR TODAY

LIVING WORD FOR TODAY 

July 26, 2016 

GOD IS STILL AT WORK

When her neighbours and relatives heard how the Lord had shown great mercy to her, they rejoiced with her. Luke 1:58

It seems simple enough to think that when good things happen to others everyone else will be happy for them. But the reality of life is that not everyone is happy when good things happen to others. Sometimes a person's good news makes us remember our own bad news or bad condition with pain.

Another promotion, victory or blessing can make us appear as failures in comparison. Their rising can make you more conscious of the valley you find yourself in. Their victory can remind you of your own defeat. Their happiness can make you painfully aware of your sorrows and struggles.

That makes it tough for us to be truly happy for others. In place of happiness for others, we can have resentment, hatred and jealousy. With that in mind, the Lord calls us to rise to a higher ground. It is the ground of the mature - the ground of those who what it is to trust in the Lord.

Those who stand on that ground know that:

* What God has done for others, He can do for me. The same God who makes others happy has the power to make me happy also.

* My friend's happiness does not subtract from my happiness. God does not ration His miracles. He is not limited to what He can do for His children.

* My life is not a duplication of anybody's life. Each one of us follows a different path. We are all unique and experience life differently.

* I am on God's mind. God has not forgotten about me. He cares for me and knows my needs.

Prayer: I thank You, Lord, for all the good things you do for my friends and loved ones.

Scriptural Reading: Luke 1:57-66

0 comments